Waiting staff serve customers by taking orders, serving food and preparing tables. An important part of the work is to make customers feel welcome and comfortable during their meal. Answer any questions and make sure that customers enjoy their experience.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the resort. Restaurant Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greeting customers as they arrive, showing them to their table and make them feel comfortable.
• Learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to guests.
• Giving out menus and taking orders for food and drink.
• Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
• Inform customers of daily specials.
• Check customer’s identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
• Write customer’s food orders in order slips, memorize orders or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
• Serve food or beverages to the customers, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Refill beverages throughout the meal.
• Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
• Collect payments from customers.
• Clean tables or counters after customers have finished dining.
• Prepare hot, cold and mixed drinks for customers and chill bottles of wine.
• Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for next shift or for large parties.
• Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware and linens.
• Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware and glassware.
• Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
• Assist front desk and hostess by answering by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating and thanking guests.
• Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, washing dishes or checking and cleaning bathrooms.
• Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wine for customers.
• Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers and cold dishes, portioning desserts and brewing coffee.
• Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
• Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment and napkin containers.
• Describe and recommend wines to customers.
• Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
• Good verbal English skills.
• Professional and friendly, even in tough situations.
• Team player.
• Effective communication skills with guests and staff.
• Ability to display showmanship and interaction with our guests.
• Ability to lift heavy trays filled with glassware/food.
• Basic math skills.
• Great attention to details.
Housing Available for $15 per day all utilities and basic supplies included
Scheduled for 40 Hours per week
May 5th - Sept 22nd
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situation
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs required
- Professional and clean appearance required
- Must speak excellent English
- Previous experience with Customer Service Preferred
- Excellent Customer Service Skills required and public speaking skills
- Willingness to learn as much as you can about Black Diamond and Denali Park
- Must be Safe and Clean with a Safety Focus at all Times
- Must be Team-oriented worker
- Adventurous looking for a fun summer job
- Friendly and like to talk to people
- Have a positive outlook and be an asset to our team
- You must be 21 years or older to work for us due to liquor license laws and insurance requirements
- Be flexible about what days you work, what schedule, and duties for the day.
The position requires a very high degree of professionalism, confidence, and knowledge. Excellent communication, customer service, and multi-taking skills are required.
How To Apply
Spring 2020: Please note that all hiring is on hold
Please apply by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Our process for hiring is as follows:
#1 Send out inital Informative E-mail
#2 Do a phone or Skype Interview
#3 If both parties want to move forward then we do a reference check
#4 Send out a contract for the summer and add you to our group e-mail list