Atlanta, GA, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North invites you to join our team and provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests who visit us to recharge and relax at our hotel in Sandy Springs, Georgia. Situated just 30 minutes north of downtown Atlanta on a private lake, our hotel boasts a retreat-like setting without sacrificing seamless city access.
Here at the Westin Atlanta Perimeter North we invite you to join our energetic family! At our property YOU are most important, and creating an atmosphere where work life balance matters. We value your voice and invest in our teams with training, tuition reimbursement, celebrations of success and wellness events!
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
- Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or requested by General Manager and Corporate Office.
- Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide accurate policy interpretations.
- Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff meetings.
- Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and other financial data.
- Support and comply with property standards and Corporate SOP's.
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit report.
- Effective use of the Controller's Checklist.
- Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports for each period.
- Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
- Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements, covenants, and restrictions.
- Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
- Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the annual operating budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
- Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI Analysis.
- Complete entries required for preparation of the financial statements. Review statements for inaccurate data and make corrections within the following period.
- Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of current and potential financial problems.
- Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment throughout the period.
- Coordinate the property's labor management system.
- Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to standards regarding the average collection period.
- Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property compliances.
- Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local policy.
- Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
- Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as required.
- Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper credit extensions prior to arrival.
- Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related to credit sales.
- Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management responsibilities to maximize receivable realizations.
Responses to Corporate Staff
- Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI Corporate offices. Establish other reports or documents, outside of SOP's as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
- Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
- Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts using proper accrual methods and expense realization logic.
- Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset categories and compare to standards (linen, gift shop, food, beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
- Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances according to established realistic pars.
- Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
- Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for department.
- Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages paid (increases and timing).
- Establish an effective cross training program within the department.
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside the company.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management
- 3+ years experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
- Analytical approach to problems, regard for detail and accuracy
- Assertive personality, professional demeanor
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, US
Posted Date: 3/13/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter