Herndon, VA, United States
Experience Your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service (NPS) as we prepare for a second century of Stewardship and Engagement. Become a part of our mission to connect with our past and create important connections to the future by building a rich and lasting legacy for the next generation of park visitors, supporters and advocates.
The Department of the Interior protects and manages the Nation's natural resources and cultural heritage; provides scientific and other information about those resources; and honors its trust responsibilities or special commitments to American Indians, Alaska Natives, and affiliated island communities.
Location: Herndon, Virginia, United States
Posted Date: 5/21/2020
Minimum Qualification Requirements: To qualify for this position, you must meet the Specialized Experience for the series/grade to which you are applying. Specialized Experience To qualify for the GS-13, you must possess at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience is defined as demonstrated experience:
1. Analyzing, evaluating, and preparing reports for financial, budget, and accounting data.
2. Identifying real or potential problems and recommending alternatives or optimum solutions.
3. Utilizing computer-based software for account analysis and reporting.
4.Providing expert guidance to employees and management regarding the interpretation and application of travel regulations.
5. Drafting proposed revisions to travel and relocation policies and procedures.
6. Developing and delivering presentations on travel and relocation policies, programs and procedures at conferences, meetings, workshops or seminars. NOTE: Applicants must meet all specialized experience statements. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualification Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions and is available at OPM's website: https://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/num-ndx.asp All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Merit Promotion candidates must also meet Time-in-Grade requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
How To Apply
Please use the Click Here to Apply button on each job posting