SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining cleanliness throughout the common areas and guest rooms of the hotel.
What's in it for you:
- Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance options
- Short and Long Term Disability options
- Employer paid life insurance with additional coverage options
- Employee Travel Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans rooms in accordance to specific brand and company standards
- Replenishes supplies within guest rooms and on carts to transport to assigned areas
- Deep cleans areas as directed by supervisor
- Transports trash and waste to disposable area
- Responds promptly to requests from guests and other departments
- Checks that all appliances are present and in working order for each room
- Vacuums carpets and performs floor care duties
- Reports any maintenance issues, safety hazards, accidents or injuries
- Completes safety training and certifications
- Inspects finished laundry to assure high-quality standards
- Handles contaminated articles per company, franchise, and OSHA standards
- Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies and linens; informs General Manager of any inventory needs to ensure stock levels are accurate for each day
- Maintains all laundry equipment and informs appropriate personnel of maintenance needs.
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of 3 months of hotel housekeeping or equivalent training and experience.
- Innate sense of urgency
- Guest service
- Proficient communication
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Will be required to work in a fast-paced environment
- Will be exposed to cleaning agents and chemicals
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job
functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental
activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or
she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to clean guest rooms and common areas for
the hotel. This person must understand the practices, techniques and technologies
required in the work they are performing or monitoring.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk;
sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use
sense of smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust or focus.
A significant portion of time will be spent moving about the hotel and frequent lifting of up
to 50 pounds and carrying of up to 25 pounds may be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities
and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: West Jordan, UT, US
Posted Date: 4/7/2021
McNeill Hotel Company