The Gant in Aspen has immediate openings for:
Assistant Front Office Manager
To provide maximum levels of guest service, van transportation, luggage handling, bell person service, and other designated service in accordance with the goals and standards established by Gant management. This job posting is for our SUMMER season; expected start date is late May, 2021.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guest services through van transportation, luggage handling, bellman service and other designated services in a cheerful, courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- Be aware of the hours of operation and service levels of the PBX, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Reservations, Concierge, Food and Beverage, and Front Desk departments. Know the location and hours of operation of Aspen's restaurants, shops, various activities and transportation vehicles.
- Keep vans clean and well maintained at all times, with sufficient gas, oil, and window washer fluid.
- Daily responsibilities:
- Complete daily checklist according to schedule.
- Complete all Bell Person requests.
- Deliver guest dry cleaning, mail, and newspapers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the following:
- Office entry way and walkways
- Locker Rooms
- Pool Decks
- Other designated areas
- Close the pools, hot tubs, and saunas according to seasonal schedules.
- Police the property for trash, glass, towels and trespassers. Pick up cigarette butts.
- Sign keys and radios in and out with the Front Desk.
- Tidy offices including bathroom and remove trash.
- Early morning and late / night snow removal in the winter.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and friendly appearance wearing a clean and neat uniform including proper footwear, a belt, and nametag.
- Know and follow parking and driving regulations in town and at the airport; pay own traffic tickets.
- Inform PBX or Front Desk of location on a timely basis.
- Employ safe lifting procedures at all times.
- Continually monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
- Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself. Initiate action and follow through until situation is rectified.
- Observe any unusual activity, and report thereon to the Maintenance Supervisor, General Manager or front desk.
- Have a working knowledge of the Bell Person Training Manual.
- Have a working knowledge of the Emergency and Safety Manual.
- Communicate odd/even fire day information to guests.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the switchboard operation and familiar with all PBX policies and procedures, and have knowledge of PBX training manual.
- Cleaning duties including trash pick-up on the property and trash removal from the office, vacuuming and general cleaning.
- Help Maintenance with grounds duties, including snow removal.
- Help Housekeeping Room Attendants with trash removal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record to be checked through insurance
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written in English, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner. Bilingual a plus.
- Available to work flexible schedule, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Service Industry Background preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to climb stairs, bend over, reach and stretch to load heavy luggage on to luggage racks on van roofs, lift and carry 75-100 pound luggage repetitively on a daily basis.
- Driving the Gantvan in varying weather conditions including snow, ice and rain.
- Regularly work outdoors with adverse conditions with exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces.
- Mobility within the town of Aspen and the entire Gant property.
- Summer grounds maintenance.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Luggage carts, 4-wheel
- Snow shovels and ice scrapers
- PBX phone system
- Bell Person Training Manual
- Emergency Manual
Front Desk Agent
In-Unit Maintenance Engineering*
Line Cook I, II, or III
Public Area Attendant
*hiring bonus for some positions
Location: Aspen, CO, US
Posted Date: 6/1/2021