The Gant in Aspen has immediate openings for: Assistant Front Office Manager, Banquet Server, Cashier/Barista* Director of Engineering Front Desk Agent* Head Chef Line Cook I, II, or III Pool Attendant Public Area Attendant* Reservation Agent *Hiring bonus for some positions.
Reservation Agent POSITION SUMMARY
The Reservation Agent will assist in marketing and selling The Gant, Aspen's premier condominium resort, provide guests and homeowners with the highest level of service, and assist in the functions of yield management and revenue maximization. This position will perform all activities related to effective and efficient operation of reservations including; proper phone sales techniques, inventory management, pricing techniques and servicing and fulfilling guest needs and requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently and professionally process reservations calls, call backs, e-mail requests, and internet bookings.
- Ensure proper booking information is recorded for each reservation.
- Maintain inventory for online booking channels.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for the reservations inbox, and respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Collect and process deposits and final payments for confirmed bookings.
- Assist in the unit assignment process using guest requests and the rotation report.
- Collect and process data relating to local lodging market.
- Maintain positive relationships with travel agents and wholesalers, especially those operating locally.
- Assist in recognizing and maintaining relationships with repeat guests and top producing travel agents.
- Serve as a backup to the front desk and bell staff when needed.
- Assist sales department when necessary and maintain communication regarding groups and special offers.
- Maintain positive relationships with homeowners and repeat guests.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of all fire and emergency procedures and Gant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Two years of hospitality experience preferred.
- Basic business and customer service skills to facilitate rational decision making.
- Effective communication both verbally and written in English, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner; communication to be used in phone conversations, face-to-face interactions with guests, and email correspondence with clients and colleagues. Bilingual a plus.
- Time management and organizational skills are necessary for multi-tasking.
- Salesmanship and the ability to adequately position The Gant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Property Management Systems, Springer Miller Systems experience desired.
- General problem-solving ability.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Small indoor multi-task-oriented office primarily involving the use of telephone, and computer.
- High levels of stress may be present when dealing with high call volumes and unhappy guests.
- Heavy lifting may be required when assembling guest amenities, supplies are needed or the Bell Staff needs assistance.
Location: Aspen, CO, US
Posted Date: 7/1/2021