To maintain high quality services and products offered to guests through management of reservations, guest registration, and telephone services in order to maintain established operational standards and maximize hotel profits. Motivate subordinates to achieve the highest level of room sales at the highest possible rate. Assure that all areas of the hotel under his/her purview meet established building cleanliness standards established in QA inspection scores. Assure that associates in Front Desk always project a positive and professional image.
- Directly supervises the Front Desk staff and department operations (e.g. hiring, terminating, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations). Schedules subordinates, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
- Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Assures maximum guest service through training, including but not limited to: hotel amenities, the local area, shopping, dining, entertaining, current groups and banquet functions.
- Has working knowledge of rate structure to ensure the hotel is positioned as a market leader in RevPAR.
- Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork.
- Reviews employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, reservation cards, direct bills, credit cards, etc.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Receives and resolves or assists in resolving guest complaints and employee issues.
- Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence.
- Covers shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager
- Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed
- Maintains and implements established Emergency Procedures, assuring the security of guests and monies.
- Participates in preparation of the hotel's annual budget.
- Works within the property checkbook to ensure adherence to departmental labor and expense budgets.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
- Regularly communicates with other department heads to ensure adequate scheduling coverage in all areas impacting the operation of the hotel.
- Schedules departments in adherence with budget and occupancy requirements to maximize guest service while working within the confines of budgeted hours.
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
Note: Other duties as assigned by General Manager
All hotel departments and employees: For leadership and communication
Account Executives: To promote business
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification. Assistant General Manager and/or other certification as required by franchise.
Skills and Qualities:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizational ability.
- Customer skills.
- Computer skills.
- Accounting knowledge.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in a fast paced environment.
- Will be required to be on call when away from work.
Works closely with: General Manager Subordinates: Front Desk Staff Job title also known as: Front Desk Manager/Guest Service Manager/Assistant General Manager/Operations Manager
Location: Tucson, Arizona, US
Posted Date: 7/15/2021
Tucson Embassy Suites