1) Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
2) Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
3) Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
4) Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
5) Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
6) Decorate gardens with stones and plants.
7) Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage.
8) Gather and remove litter.
9) Haul or spread topsoil, and spread straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place.
10) Maintain irrigation systems, including winterizing the systems and starting them up in spring.
11) Plan and cultivate lawns and gardens.
12) Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
13) Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
14) Trim and pick flowers, and clean flower beds.
15) Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
16) Remove rocks from pathways.
17) Sweep and hose off decks.
18) Install rock gardens, ponds, decks, drainage systems, irrigation systems, retaining walls, fences, planters, and/or playground equipment.
19) Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, and benches, using hand and power tools.
20) Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters, and other grounds features.
21) Shovel snow from walks, driveways, and parking lots, and spread salt in those areas.
22) Use irrigation methods to adjust the amount of water consumption and to prevent waste.
23) Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
24) Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.
Almost all of the Employees that have come through Black Diamond tell me how different and refreshing it was to work with us. No matter how experienced I think you can gain something wonderful from working for us. Black Diamond offers a cultural environment, not just for the J1 students but also for us as a business, other employees, and the community. We all benefit from this opportunity as people from all over the world come to live and work and travel like a local for a few months in Alaska. Working for us is a great opportunity to learning more about other cultures and perspectives and make lifelong friends. Our jobs are challenging and require a great deal of energy and devotion. We need self-motivated individuals. That have a high team player ethic and love people and adventure!
Housing Available for $15 per day all utilities and basic supplies included
Scheduled for 40 Hours per week
May 8th - Sept 22nd
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situation
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs required
- Professional and clean appearance required
- Must speak excellent English
- Previous experience with Customer Service Preferred
- Excellent Customer Service Skills required and public speaking skills
- Willingness to learn as much as you can about Black Diamond and Denali Park
- Must be Safe and Clean with a Safety Focus at all Times
- Must be Team-oriented worker
- Adventurous looking for a fun summer job
- Friendly and like to talk to people
- Have a positive outlook and be an asset to our team
- You must be 21 years or older to work for us due to liquor license laws and insurance requirements
- Be flexible about what days you work, what schedule, and duties for the day.
The position requires a very high degree of professionalism, confidence, and knowledge. Excellent communication, customer service, and multi-taking skills are required.
How To Apply
Please apply by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Our process for hiring is as follows:
#1 Send out inital Informative E-mail
#2 Do a phone or Skype Interview
#3 If both parties want to move forward then we do a reference check
#4 Send out a contract for the summer and add you to our group e-mail list