About our Company:
Martin Resorts is a collection of premier hotels on the Central Coast of California. Since its founding, it began with a simple vision from Tom Martin that the company holds close to its heart every day. With everything that the company does, the mission, vision, and values are the centerpiece for driving our team members and providing the best guest experience at our hotels in San Luis Obispo.
The mission of Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. The five core values that our team members live by every day include:
- Leadership: Do the right thing when no one is looking, and accept ownership in everything we do.
- Empowerment: Developed by trust, training, support, and respect.
- Authentic: Genuine service, people and experiences.
- Distinction: Continuous pursuit of the highest standards-going above and beyond.
- +HUMM: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
Guest Services Agent, you are customer-service oriented individual who is dedicated to representing the hotel with enthusiasm, professionalism, and a businesslike demeanor to all hotel guests, clients, agents, and the community. You are a positive, hardworking team member who will conduct the business of the property's front office in this dynamic work environment. The Guest Services Agent strives for success and will be expected to uphold the values of excellent customer service, organization, and executing their responsibilities through record keeping, telephone operations, guest interactions, and other related tasks.
Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Maintain front office and lobby organization and supplies to provide a clean and enjoyable experience.
- Uphold friendly, courteous telephone service and interactions with guests and fellow employees.
- Coordinate with guests prior to arrival and through to their departure by means of reservations, wake up calls, check-in, check-out, routing needs, posting charges, and special requests.
- Preserve the security and privacy of guest rooms and administrative keys.
- Actively communicate with management and staff through scheduled reports, customer feedback, and guest needs.
- Conduct hotel site inspections to maintain property safety and chaperon tours for prospective clients.
- Receive and send guest and hotel mail, packages, and facile transmissions.
- Maximize revenues through sales strategy and outstanding customer service.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of rates, feature, amenities, and area attractions for the property and competitors in order to assist any client and maintain a competitive understanding.
- Maintain the confidentiality of any and all company information, including but not limited to: performance statistics, agreements with clients, prospective business, and financial information.
- Adhere to all hotel policies and procedures throughout the execution of tasks and responsibilities, including maintaining excellent customer service and efficient operations.
- Sustain the safety of the property though risk-management behavior, proper inspections, participation in Safety and Security Committee and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Following safety procedures as your role is defined.
- Ability to remain Professional
- Possess Time Management
- Positively contributing Team Member
- Maintain and Possess Composure
Experience and Education:
- At least 1 year of Hospitality Related Experience
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds frequently to assist guests
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff, vendors and guests a normal in-person and phone conversation
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel
- Ascend and descend a ladder
Location: Avila Beach, California, US
Posted Date: 3/26/2022
Martin Resorts Incorporated