Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Home of the largest-attended tournament in the world, the fan-favorite Waste Management Phoenix Open, TPC Scottsdale is a masterful blend of challenge and playability - compelling the sport's top players and recreational golfers alike. Set in the rugged Sonoran Desert and surrounded by the stunning McDowell Mountains, TPC Scottsdale boasts two championship courses for players to enjoy - the world famous Stadium Course and the stunning Champions Course. As Arizona's only PGA TOUR property, you'll experience the standards of quality and service normally reserved for the TOUR professionals.
Tee up your career as a part of our team with the TPC Network!
The Cook I performs basic methods of food preparation, portion control, sanitation and routine maintenance of equipment in accordance with standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Basic knowledge of food preparation, kitchen maintenance operations and safe food handling procedures as would normally be acquired through at least 6 months of similar experience or culinary trades training
- Maintain high standards of quality of food production to ensure member/guest satisfaction
- Ensure high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen, storage, and dumpster areas at all times
- Keep all cooking equipment clean during the assigned shift, making sure that all cooking equipment is cleaned prior to the change of shift
- Maintain organization of storage areas by storing provisions in appropriate locations on receipt in accordance with accepted sanitation standards and club practices
- Perform cooking procedures as required to fulfill tasks assigned by Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Lead Cook which may include:
- Breading, freezing, thawing, proofing, baking
- Preparing meats, seafood, poultry and vegetables for roasting and grilling
- Prepare stocks and basic soups according to standard recipes
- Portion control meats, seafood, dairy products, vegetables, and fruits using devices including scales and dishers.
- Perform basic preparation techniques including, slicing, dicing, mincing, and chopping using knives and mechanical devices such as electric slicers, and food processors
- Setup, operate, breakdown and clean slicers, mixers, and food processors
- Prepare banquet platters, trays and plated foods according to banquet event orders
- Prepare banquet entrees, vegetables, and starches for cooking
- Maintain responsibility for food and beverage sales, expenses, and profit goals as outlined in the Food and Beverage Operating Plan/Budget
- Understanding and following procedures to maintain a sanitary workspace conforming to all jurisdictional and club imposed regulations and rules regarding food service sanitation
- Operate within all established guidelines, policies, standards and constraints as set by PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties, Inc
- Assume responsibility for timing of food production to achieve 10-minute ticket time for lunch and 20-minute ticket time for dinner
- Ensure that service procedures are adhered to as outlined in the TPC Brand Standards
- Assist with removal of waste by breaking down boxes and emptying trash before receptacle becomes overloaded
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; kneel; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color vision, distance and peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
An essential function of the job is to be able to comply with all applicable federal, state and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions and may be modified as needed; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
- Travel is not expected for this position
Work Schedule Expectations
- This position requires shifts as necessary based on business levels
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, US
Posted Date: 4/25/2022