Hotel Aspen is looking for a Full Time Front Desk Agent! Starting at $22/hour + Incentives + Commissions, $2500 Hiring/Retention Bonus-Paid in September. Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching Retirement, Bus Pass, etc. Housing Available
This position acts as the first point of contact with guests and handle all stages of a guest’s stay. Applicants must be available to work 8 am - 3:30 pm or 3:30 pm - 11 pm. All potential employees must be available to work either shift, weekends and holidays.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use oral and written communication skills to register and accommodate guests
- Manage guest service requests
- Process cash or credit card payments
- Maintain updated information on room availability, reservations and guest messages
- Understand how to use hotel Property Management Software (PMS) systems
- Accept reservation calls and make reservations in a professional and courteous way for The Hotel Aspen. This includes obtaining all accurate guest information and relaying all information back to the guest for confirmation.
- Make and enter wholesale reservations in an accurate manner. Agent must be knowledgeable if using and updating the extranet to relay any confirmation numbers.
- Check in guests with preexisting reservations, including collecting a photo ID and credit card for incidentals. Verify room category, checkout date, make guest room keys, explain amenities, and direct guests to their room, as well as offer bell service. Manage guest service requests.
- Check in guests without reservations or as walk-ins. Collect all appropriate information from the guest. Ensure the ID matches guest credit card and following the same steps as a guest with a preexisting reservation.
- Check out guests and ask for feedback such as asking how the stay was, try to overcome any complaints, make sure the folio is balanced and all charges are correct, and ask guest if they require a receipt.
- Post all charges to the folio correctly and charge accordingly (laundry, postage, etc.).
- Count cash drawer at the beginning and ending of each shift. Ensure drawer is accurately balanced; handle cash transactions and deposits.
- Follow and complete all items on the AM/PM checklist prepared by manager, including running the night audit.
- Act as concierge. Answer guest inquiries and set up reservations including restaurant and special activities
- Maintain a constant and open line of communication with housekeeping. Inform Housekeeping of any checkouts, room moves, stayovers, etc.
- Inform maintenance staff of any room issues. Assist with any small maintenance issues if Maintenance staff is unavailable. This may include unclogging toilets, fixing minor TV and A/C issues, covering pool, etc.. Provide maintenance staff with MOD report and follow up to ensure that any outstanding issues are completed.
- Ensure the front office and lobby area are neat and organized. Inform the Manager regarding any shortage of supplies (key cards, welcome letters, etc.).
- Assist managers with any side projects or tasks
- Check the front desk email on a consistent basis and reply in a professional and grammatically correct manner
- Inventory all lost and found items- call and email guest when item is recovered and record in Visual Matrix
- Schedule and book shuttle rides
- Conduct 14 -day pre-arrival emails/calls on a daily basis; report any unfinished pre-arrival emails/calls to next shift
- Follow up with every guest 15-30 minutes after check in
- Assist with any other requested tasks or job duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiasm and passion for hotel sales and guest service
- Must be knowledgeable of each property, including specific room categories, room layouts and amenities
- Ability to connect with people over the phone and in person. Must maintain a professional and courteous attitude.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to produce a high level volume of work while maintaining consistent accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Problem solving and creative thinking
- Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations
- Ability to learn and adapt to different software programs
- Ability to lift, push and pull items as heavy as 50 pounds
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Must have business telephone etiquette and customer service experience
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary
- High School diploma or GED
- Hospitality/Sales Experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Location: Aspen, CO, US
Posted Date: 6/9/2022