Job Title: Beverage Manager
Location: Las Montañas or Clark's Aspen
Reports to: General Manager
Employment Status: Full- Time, Exempt-Salary
At McGuire Moorman Lambert Hospitality we are on a mission to create the world's chicest hotels and restaurants. Led by visionary hotelier Liz Lambert, and powerhouse restauranteurs Larry McGuire & Tom Moorman, we believe in a seamless combination of food, service, and design. We create refined hospitality through attention to detail, storytelling, and extraordinary dining and retail experiences.
MML is expanding at a steady pace. We currently manage and own the 75 room Hotel Saint Vincent in New Orleans, and we have two hotel projects in development in Aspen and in Austin that we will also own and manage. In addition to the nearly twenty restaurants, we currently operate or have under development, MML is also the F&B consultant at the Austin Proper Hotel, overseeing three restaurants, banquets and in-room dining across the property. MML has a unique plan to own and operate each of its properties and the financial backing to only take on special projects in places we want to spend time.
We are looking for a team leader who is energetic, detail-oriented, analytical, rigorous, highly organized, passionate about hospitality, and experienced. This Individual should also create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork. Advanced interpersonal skills to help navigate complex working relationships and a strategic mindset that allows to plan and develop talent management, training, and safety.
MML Hospitality Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- 401k + Match
- PTO, Sick Pay, and Personal Days
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability and Pet Insurance
- Wine Education Reimbursement
- MML Restaurant, Hotel, Ski, Transportation, and Retail Discounts
- Advancement and Community Service Opportunities
- Relocation Assistance
Essential Functions and Duties:
The position of Beverage Manager is an overall leadership position responsible for overall quality of guest experience, beverage, and financial performance. What we are looking for:
- Open and close the restaurant as needed
- Work with GM and MML Executive Team to exceed guest expectations
- Supervise the staff during the shift providing coaching as necessary to ensure a successful shift.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a sense of urgency with helping guests and addressing staff concerns. This includes utilizing the chain of command to address issues involving liability, safety, harassment and issues with the property.
- Responsible and dependable time management, ability to work independently when given a task.
- Extraordinary guest interaction skills, always solution oriented with guests.
- Attendance at weekly Management Meetings
- Strong, open communication with the internal Management Team as well as the MML Executive Team via Avero notes, emails and verbal communication.
- Creation and maintenance of a profitable and dynamic beverage program that fits nicely with the Las Montanas and Clark's Aspen brands, rotates seasonally and is appealing to all our unique and diverse clientele
- Product cost control of Wine, Liquor, Beer, and N/A beverages based on goals provided by the MML Team and GM
- Monthly inventory counts; minimization of variance and waste
- Staff training of all beverage product via pre-shifts, educational staff tastings, informative technical sheets, etc.
- Creation and maintenance of bar training handbook and manual
- Assistance with staffing, hiring, retention, mentorship, and restaurant morale
- Create strong bonds with both FOH and BOH team to work together to provide excellent food and service for the best possible guest experience
- Maintenance of Restaurant to MML & Pitkin County Health Dept. Standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
Education and Experience:
- Four four years progressive experience in high volume food production or catering
- At least 2 years previous experience in a well-established restaurant
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience considered
- Ability to work in high-stress environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MML Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited basis. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job related factors.
Location: Aspen, Colorado, US
Posted Date: 6/21/2022