This position contributes to Sanctuary success by ensuring total guest satisfaction, especially relating to the service guests receive in all areas of the Front Desk and PBX, through interaction that exceeds expectations; with a focus on our superior standards, with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
FRONT DESK MANAGER JOB FUNCTIONS
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Take a lead role in directing guest service agents and, when required, reservation agents.
- Ensure all established guidelines and polices are adhered to. This includes but is not limited to:
- Staff should follow the correct arrival procedures with special emphasis on asking/advising and obtaining necessary information such as departure times, advising on group gratuity, times of room servicing, etc.
- Assure staff is aware of and constantly update Guest History.
- Ensure personal bar charges and late charges are processed each evening.
- Maintain the front desk clean/tidy and in stocked condition with stationary supplies.
- Make sure staff is reading log books, completing daily task lists and logging all calls to other departments and the same are all correctly filed at the completion of each shift.
- Departed registration cards and guest folios are correctly archived.
- All information books must be kept up to date and be user friendly.
- Manage FD & PM accounts ensuring all are processed on a timely basis and closed by month end, advising Accounting and FOM of any exceptions.
- Work directly with accounting to resolve post departure guest billing issues.
- Work directly with the Group Rooms Coordinator to ensure all payment and routing instructions are understood and carried out.
- Manage Package breakage, advising GM, Controller & FOM of discrepancies and collecting unpaid elements if and when necessary, on a timely basis.
- Casa Key inventory – Work with Director of Security to ensure keys are maintained & Casa Manager to provide appropriate # of keys available for guest(s) day of arrival. Charge guests for any keys not returned.
- Assume PM Manager on Duty role on two days out of the week.
- Develop, implement and update (as necessary) a Training Guide for Front Desk and PBX.
- Create both Front Desk and PBX weekly schedule, ensuring appropriate coverage. Front Desk Manager is expected to work any lapses in coverage.
- Ability to make room and spa reservations.
- Assist with update and maintenance of the Small Luxury Hotels Trust data base.
- Attend Front Office and Resort meetings as and when required.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure all guest needs are completed.
- Be fully aware of all emergency procedures.
- Act in a professional manner in all situations equally with guests as well as peers.
- Greet all guests coming and going through the lobby area.
- Answer the phone system in a professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Management and MOD.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies/applicable law.
- Train new front office staff especially in areas of the front desk and reservations.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed.
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stand, sit, kneel and constantly be poised for mobility to handle specific details or demands of quality and speedy guest services.
- Will be cross-trained in different aspects of position and must be easily adaptable to shifting of work loads and specific tasks as operational ends dictate.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
At least two years experience in related work.
Location: Paradise Valley, Arizona, US
Posted Date: 6/23/2022
Sanctuary on Camelba