The Guest Services Team Member provides outstanding customer service while contributing to the mission of the museum. Primary responsibilities include cash handling, data entry, selling tickets, promoting annual memberships and separate ticketed events, providing information to guests, promoting cleanliness of the lobby area, and other clerical duties.
Who We Are
MOSI is the intersection of science, technology, and innovation in the Tampa Bay region where conversations and learning happen, knowledge is exchanged and new ideas are celebrated.
MOSI’s Institutional Vision is to be recognized as a thought leader and catalyst contributing to a thriving Tampa Bay region through science, technology, and innovation.
Your duties/responsibilities day to day
- Responsible for greeting and directing guests, selling daily admission, promoting annual memberships and additional experiences at the Guest Services counter.
- Provides guests with excellent customer service.
- Enforces all policies and procedures concerning both guests and employees politely and diplomatically.
- Accurately handles payment transactions through use of a cash register and/or computer adhering to cash handling guidelines.
- Performs accurate and complete data entry for all guests within the current database
(I.e. completes all necessary information for each membership, third-party tickets sales and separate ticketed programming)
- General Guest service including guiding/interpreting, day planning, payment transactions, rentals of wheelchairs/strollers, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of Guest Services counter and lobby area.
- Follows daily schedule of activities while working.
- Follows established guidelines to ensure safety of guests and staff.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle/adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
- Computer experience preferred.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to manually operate a cash register, computer keyboard and/or mouse.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required for computer entry.
- High School diploma or equivalence preferred.
- Customer Service and/or cash handling experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule including holidays and weekends.
For this part-time position we ask that applicants provide us with at least three full days of availability, including one weekend day for scheduling purposes.
(Normal Scheduled Hours 9:00am – 5:00pm)
Team members may be scheduled up to a maximum of 30 hours weekly; based on museum needs. Additional hours may be available when museum hosts separate ticketed events.
MOSI is open 363 days a year. Employee may be required to work some special events which may fall on holidays, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Complimentary MOSI annual “Innovators” (Party of 8) Membership
- Complimentary annual family memberships to The Florida Aquarium, Glazer Children’s Museum, and ZooTampa at Lowry Park.
- Florida Attraction Share
- MOSI participates in the Florida Attraction Associate which allows MOSI employees and their guests (up to 3) entrance free of charge or at a considerable discount, to the top attractions in Florida. More information is available: https://attractionshare.showare.com
- Complimentary access to special ticketed events held at MOSI; when available
Location: Tampa, Florida, US
Posted Date: 7/27/2022
Museum Of Science & Industry, Inc