SUPERVISOR: ASSISTANT SALON MANAGER
Are you looking to further your career? Doyou see you see yourself as leader? Are you passionate about the beauty industry? Are you motivated to work in a creative environment and uplift humanity?
Then this opportunity is for you!!
Here at Juut we believe in the power of Daymaking! As the collection of original Aveda salons employing some of the most highly regarded industry professionals, we have a 35-year history of impacting people, society, and the world at large. We use our vision and talent to generate confidence, invigorate clients, and make the world a happier place.
Join us this fall when we expand into our new location at Centennial Lakes!
Guest Services Team Lead Summary
The Guest Services Team Lead is responsible for assisting the Salon Operations Manager in maximizing sales, providing a great experience for guests and team members while leading by example in accordance with Juut’s operational standards. The Guest Service Team Lead assumes responsibility as the guest service point person when the assistant salon manager is not in the salon. In partnership with management, the Guest Service Team Lead oversees customer issues and ensures problem resolution. Additional knowledge and responsibilities include in-depth knowledge of JUUT’s products and services. Key accountabilities of this position include those tasks listed below combined with ensuring positive, uplifting experiences for all, being a resource to guests, artists, and therapists, and upholding Juut’s Daymaker philosophy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Guest Services Team Lead
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Prioritized and Delegates discerning between multiple priorities and what can be handed off to guest service team members.
- Point Person for Guest Services staff and salon retail environment.
- Assist in setting performance standards to meet service goals of company, coaches Guest Services Team to achieve high performance.
- Structure the training agenda for department member’s performance and recommends employment decisions to salon manager including hiring and firing.
- Provide feedback to the management team regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Provide feedback to Guest Service team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on product orders status and/or changes.
- Communicate front of house supplies needs with Salon Operations Manager.
- Update front of house labor calculator and keep Salon Operations Manager updated on budget for front of
- Train and provide feedback of Guest Service Specialists when hired and throughout employment, moving employees through appropriate levels.
- Work with the Salon Operations Manager to facilitate/lead the weekly guest service huddles and team communication.
- Work estimated 4 desk shifts per week.
- Be open to coaching and feedback from management and Resource Center personnel.
- Work together as a salon team in a positive, respectful, and impactful way.
To perform this job successfully, the Guest Service Team Lead must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency to include point of sale system.
- Availability to work salon schedule – nights and weekends required.
- Ability to interact in a positive and productive manner while fostering a team-based environment.
- Commitment to company values.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Secondary schooling preferred.
- 1-3 years customer service management working with consumer services, products, retail account and brands, and analyzing data OR completed college degree in business, management, hospitality or similar program.
- Exposure to salon, cosmetics, or like retail business preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred
- If you're looking to grow in your career or interested in management this is for you!
Juut offers a variety of benefits for you & your family!
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k + % match
- On-going education
- Employee assistance program
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- 50% employee discount
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull, or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 55 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
• Retail salon environment
To apply please visit: https://juut.com/careers/
Full time hours
Must have weekend availability
Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Monday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
32 to 40 hours per week; Must have weekend availability;
Location: Edina, Minnesota, US
Posted Date: 7/29/2022
Juut Midwest, Inc.