We’re Hiring! Immediate openings for full time and seasonal positions Front Desk Agents, Event Manager, Laundry Attendants, Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Line Cook, Room Attendants. Paid piece-rate, generally 6 hour shift, in season earn approximately $150-$250/shift Benefits, Ski Pass, Competitive Wages.
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will assist the Housekeeping Manager in all functions of The Gant's housekeeping departments to ensure individual condominiums and Gant common areas are kept clean and well maintained. This position will assist in all activities related to the effective and efficient operation of the housekeeping department by hiring, training and coordinating staff. The incumbent must be willing to learn all aspects of the Housekeeping Manager position as they will cover in their absence with the possibility of promoting into the Executive position. They will provide a wide variety of housekeeping services at the highest possible level to exceed guest and homeowner satisfaction, maintain homeowner assets, while ensuring safety and efficiency needs are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the oversight of housekeeping operations for The Gant's inventory of guest rooms and common areas, including daily opening procedures and issuing staff assignments.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the supplies and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Assist with inventory management of all chemicals, amenities, paper goods, kitchen stock, etc.
• Assist in the oversight of on-site laundry operations. Partner with the Laundry Manager on inventory and to maintain par levels for linen and supplies.
• Assist in the selection processes for housekeeping and laundry staff including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
• Assist in the evaluation of guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends through guest survey and other means, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules.
• Assist in sitting departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, and ensure that company's policies and procedures are implemented.
• Maintain good communication and work relationships within all departments in the hotel, and with external customers and suppliers.
• Review resort forecasting levels and ensure appropriate staffing levels cover business needs
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management. Ensure regular staff meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes available to staff.
• Assist with the staff evaluations, provide coaching and development, including training initiatives
• Assist with staff performance issues in compliance with The Gant's policies and procedures
• Maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
• Enforce hotel standards, policies, and procedures are in place within the housekeeping department.
• Act as "Manager on duty" as required.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, and safety services.
• Maintain good communication and relationships with guests, owners and other departments, and respond to their requests promptly and professionally.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English, bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Previous supervisory/management experience, a full and thorough understanding of a resort operation.
• Highly professional appearance, ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as detailed in the Gant policy manual.
• Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy in line with property's service standards
• Good knowledge of software systems (Experience with SMS, Asgard, budgeting software, Microsoft Office preferred)
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect actual information and resolve conflict.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
• Ability to prepare complex reports of room availability and revenue generated
• Must be knowledgeable and possess the ability to perform all essential functions and supportive functions
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Housekeeping Office-equipped with computer, phone system calculators, file cabinets, desks, chairs shelves of checker supplies, Lost & Found Closet.
• Other work areas are the laundry room, Housekeeping/linen closets, property walkways, condo units/guest rooms, conference center, common areas, Front Office.
• Individual Condominiums are equipped with full kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms fireplaces, vacuum cleaners, etc.
• General Property Environment-5 acres of land including 10 buildings all accessible by walking outside, tennis courts, pools and hot tubs elevators and coin operated laundries.
• May pass through outdoors with adverse conditions with exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces.
• Extensive contact with cleaning chemicals and other tools required for cleaning units and other areas of The Gant property.
• Standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and other repetitive movements. Standing on feet most of the day.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
• Telephone, computer, monitor, keyboard, printer.
• Office supplies and equipment.
• Cleaning chemicals
• Copy and scanner machine, fax machine.
• Proximity to chemicals
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. I hereby certify that I have read and understand the contents of this job description as outlined above and that I am able to perform these duties with or without accommodation. Further, I understand that failure to perform these duties as assigned may be grounds for dismissal.
This non-exempt position reports to the Customer Service Manager. Customer Service Representatives are the first contact with new customers and are responsible for beginning our relationship built on Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice.
Maintain strong knowledge of our products and services. Product knowledge must be at a level that the CSR can sell any service offered by the organization. Promote good customer relations by consistently providing exceptional customer service. Initiate sales and be capable of effectively cross-selling products and services to customers. Address customer challenges with professionalism, answering customer questions and investigating & correcting errors.Continuously increase knowledge and skills through education, seminars and internal training. Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer business confidential. Participate in all office marketing and sales projects, which include personal contacts, telephone sales, direct mail and promotions.
- Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of existing service experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel, are critical for this position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present a professional image and communicate with public, co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous, positive and professional manner.
- Preferred candidates will have enthusiasm, show strength in understanding the needs of the customer and be able to solve complex problems.
- The ability to take initiative and utilize sound judgment in decision making.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to interact in a positive manner with co-workers and management.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate a sales initiative.
Location: Aspen, CO, US
Posted Date: 11/4/2022
The Gant Aspen