This role is for the F&B outlets inside the newly constructed MOXY Hotel South Beach. The Moxy is a 202 room, eight-story hotel, located at 915 Washington Ave. The position is with a property that is yet to open, making it a very exciting and entrepreneurial endeavor for a skilled Chef. Under the operation and partnership with Chef Scott Lindquist of Dos Caminos, and COYO TACO, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative individual with Latin America/Mexican cuisine experience and training.
With exterior architecture and interior design by Rockwell Group, Moxy South Beach spans 78,000 gross square feet. The lobby features an outdoor courtyard that threads together a series of spaces, including a restaurant, all-day bar, bodega offering stylish beach accessories, and a coworking lounge which transitions into meeting studios. The second floor features a 72-foot pool, fitness center, and indoor/outdoor bar and café. The rooftop offers breathtaking views of Miami Beach, a large shallow pool to cool off in, and a screening area. Moxy South Beach offers multiple vibes, all under one roof. Local DJs and live music activate the F&B outlets and the pool area.
Come join our dynamic team in this one-of-a-kind, modern property!
What will you be doing?
As the Restaurant Manager, you will assist the General Manager to ensure that day to day business operations run smoothly. The Restaurant Manager will assist the General Manager with training, recruiting, promotions and planning. The Restaurant should be experienced in a supervisory role, and be able to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives. Also, must be able to competently perform duties in the absence of the General Manager.
What's in it for you?
- On the job training?
- Generous employee discount
- Medical, Dental, and vision insurances
- Opportunities for advancement; we are growing!
- Competitive compensation
- ...and an amazing work environment?
- Cooperating with the General Manager and assisting with anything from project planning to staff management.
- Leads the team in delivering an enriching experience at the restaurant.
- Responsible for fostering a positive working environment and inspiring staff to realize company vision, goals and brand standards.
- Is an energetic and positive leader, ensuring a high level of departmental morale. Mentors and continually coaches direct reports to thrive and grow with the company.
- Nurturing positive working relationships with staff.
- Addressing any issues in a timely fashion.
- Supervising staff and controlling merchandise.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed.
- Setting a good example for staff.
- Accurately completes all reports in a timely manner.
- Conducts regular appraisals and follows company performance improvement policies.
- Assist in overseeing all recruiting, hiring, training and development within the restaurant.
- Supervise all direct report positions.
- Ensures disciplinary / termination procedures are followed.
- Provides conflict resolution.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good observation skills.
- An ability to deliver constructive criticism.
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- An ability to identify weaknesses and provide coaching where necessary.
- 3-4 years of direct management experience in food and beverage industry.
- You must be at least 18 years old to work with us in this role.
- You need to be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location.
- You must be able to stand for extended periods of time and push/pull/lift 20+ pound.
- Must have or be able to take a food safety class, for responsible food handling practices.?
Location: Miami Beach, Florida, US
Posted Date: 11/15/2022
Moxy Miami South Beach