We Want Seasonal Changemakers!
Is that you? At Moonlight Basin our Mantra is Motivation, Opportunity, Organization, Leadership, Integrity, and Teamwork. We offer our “changemakers” an inclusive, rewarding, fun, work environment, with endless opportunity to provide the highest levels of service and experience positive teamwork.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget! The mountain scenery, direct access to the finest downhill skiing that Big Sky Resort has to offer, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hiking, golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and the perfect place to enjoy Montana.
At Moonlight Basin we strive for nothing but the very best quality of amenities, facilities, recreation, food, beverage, and top-notch service to all our owners, members, and guests.
RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for executing and managing day-to-day operations at our various outlets within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standard of service. The Restaurant General Manager will supervise all Food & Beverage associates in their restaurants and work closely with other members of the F&B leadership team to ensure that associates are completing their duties in an effective fashion while creating memorable hospitality moments for our members and guests. The Restaurant General Manager, with guidance from the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, will create and maintain full responsibility for their restaurant(s), including scheduling, payroll, hiring, on-boarding, training, off-boarding, and budgeting.
Additionally, the Restaurant General Manager will be responsible for the successful open and closing of their restaurant(s) each season. The Restaurant General Manager will also oversee all front of house (“FOH”) ordering for their respective area(s) and ensure FOH invoices are approved and coded accurately and timely. The Restaurant General Manager will be the face of the restaurant and must engage members and guests throughout each dining experience. Personable and positive Member and guest interactions with the Restaurant GM and their team is of the highest priority throughout the dining experience in our restaurants.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of menu, concept, and hours of operation for the entire Moonlight Basin food & beverage operation.
- Provide support to Food & Beverage Managers and Supervisors.
- Help identify and rectify operational, financial, and employee issues.
- Touch member and guest tables throughout the different meal periods to garner positive relationships, gather feedback, and sometimes recover an experience.
- Communicate, coordinate, and collaborate with other departments as necessary to ensure the best possible experience for our associates, members, and guests.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol awareness standards. Additionally, ensure that all areas in their restaurant(s) are always clean and organized.
- Read, respond to, and address all member/guest feedback.
- Demonstrate the highest level of hospitality to associates, members, and guests by being an active presence on the floor.
- Ensure their restaurant(s)’ FOH operations are adequately staffed for success. Communicate with Chef de Cuisine and other senior culinary leadership in their restaurant(s) to ensure all Back of House (“BOH”) operations are adequately staffed for success as well.
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- Minimum of 7 years hospitality experience. Prior experience in a luxury hotel or private club preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of leadership experience in a similar establishment.
- High school or equivalent education required. College degree preferred.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines, manage priorities, communicate challenges, and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with unpredictable business levels.
- Exceptional guest recovery skills.
- Strong knowledge of reservation systems, point of sale systems, and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Visionary, creative thinker, and can establish a consistent atmosphere for each restaurant.
- Must comply with Moonlight Basin’s Dress and Grooming policies.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands.
- Hours worked per week will vary based on business demands, however, a work week will generally consist of 5 10-hour days.
- This is a full-time, year-round position.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Standard benefits: Heath, dental, vision
- Matching 401(k)
- Complimentary meal per shift
- Tuition reimbursement
- Big Sky season ski pass or cash equivalent (you must work a minimum of four months)
- End-of-season discounts on our retail store items
- End-of-season employee celebration
Moonlight Basin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Location: Big Sky, Montana, US
Posted Date: 1/4/2023
LONE MOUNTAIN LAND COMPANY LLC