• Assistant Director of Engineering
• Facilities Engineers
• Human Resources Coordinator
• Massage Therapist – on call
• PM Housekeeping Supervisor
• Restaurant Manager
• Sous Chef
Responsible for providing efficient and cost effective food service to the hotel food outlets while maintaining or exceeding the high quality standards of the hotel.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Meets with the Chefs des Parties, head cooks and lead steward on a daily basis, to ensure smooth running of all kitchen departments.
- Ensures that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensures coordination of services between restaurant and kitchen.
- Ensures that staff is trained in all aspects of kitchen operations, equipment utilization, safety procedures, portion control and pleasing presentation of all dishes.
- Assists in development and creation of menus to maintain or exceed the established criteria, paying special attention to seasonal availability.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of working budget with required updates as required.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, holds daily meetings with the Restaurant Manager to ensure that VIP's are timely identified and any special arrangements properly communicated.
- Monitor banquet function sheets for any change, and clarifies variations with the chef.
- Attend BEO and Pre-con meetings in the absence of the executive chef.
- Ensures adherence to stringent hygiene requirements and that staff that are ill or injured receive the correct treatment or are not allowed to work.
- Ensures that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price, conduct regular stock checks/stock takes.
- Ensures that all stocks are being kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies timely.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily.
- Maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED supplemented by formal coursework in culinary sciences; AND three (3) years of experience as a journey-level cook; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the cooking trade.
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Principles, methods and equipment used in meal preparation in a restaurant setting.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation and service.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing cooking duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following recipes and oral and written directions.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a food service setting, use standard kitchen equipment; stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Free onsite shift meals and shift parking for all staff. Housing, medical benefits including up to $2000.00 for H.S.A., $800 end of season Wellness Reimbursed, 40% off spa, retail, 401k match, plus 4+ PTO.
Location: Vail, CO, US
Posted Date: 1/14/2023