Baru (Opening Soon)
Baru is a Japanese inspired restaurant and bar. Sophisticated yet approachable. With a 30 seat central bar, a 10 seat omakase bar, and 80 seat dining room. Providing an energetic late night cocktail scene with a plush environment. Welcoming sushi lovers and socializers alike in a sophisticated yet approachable dining experience. We welcome you to stay-drink- and unwind with friends long into the night.
Baru's food will be unique to Cincinnati, by using only the finest ingredients, and the freshest, highest quality fish flown in daily. Outstanding American and Japanese wagyu will highlight a menu showing that we are more than just a “California roll”. Using only the best ingredients allows for a menu that stands for itself. Fun, shareable items will bring you together. You will be excited about the experience. If you're a novice when it comes to food, we will knock down the barriers that have kept you from being thrilled about food. We want to share our knowledge of cuisine with you so that when you leave, you leave being more excited, planning when your next visit will be. Sophisticated yet approachable. Its where you go for a date, a celebration, or just because. Those coming in for “just a drink” will find it hard to not order an item off the menu. “I'm a food nerd. I get excited about teaching people about food. Where it comes from, how and why it's made. I love amazing ingredients that stand out. Getting people to try items they might not ever have had and then seeing their eyes light up. That's why I do this. That's what Baru will do.” – Chef Robert Grace
We are looking for an experienced Bartender to join our team! You will be helping to create exceptional experiences for our customers during their dining experience with us by serving all customers at the bar, creating drinks for the service well, taking drink and food orders, and resolving customer issues. Bartender will be expected to learn and know all venue's cocktails. Bartender will also be expected to learn and know all food offered by the venue.
You are passionate about beverages and share that passion by going above and beyond for customers. A natural-people-person with an eye for the details. You are looking to join a hard-working and efficient team that cares about great food and customer experience. A want to be the best bartender in the city!
- Take orders from bar customers for food and beverages.
- Produce the needed beverages for the service well.
- Maintain cleanliness, organization, and appearance of the bar.
- Keep an accurate spill through the shift.
- Collect customer payments and provide change in a timely and courteous manner
- Previous experience as a bartender
- General knowledge of wine, cocktails, and beer
- Ability to stand, walk, and carry food trays for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to effectively listen to and respond to customer needs
- Must have a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor
- Previous high volume and fine dining experience preferred
- Advanced food and beverage knowledge
- Ability to multitask efficiently
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, US
Posted Date: 3/17/2023